These are some of my favorites links. I’ll update this page frequently, so check back often. No Mandarin knowledge required.
- Love Chinese dishes? Why not try some of Maomao Mom’s recipes.
- The Shanghaiist is a window into what’s happening in Shanghai and around China today. Follow them on Facebook or check their website.
- China Mike’s Facts about China is an incredible collection of tidbits. The rest of his site is equally interesting.
- Based on a true story, 1 Mile Above follows a young man’s cycle journey to Lhasa to fulfill his bother’s final wish. Watch the trailer on Youtube.
- Documentary – Amazing Marriage Customs – China Anthropology 101
- Mysterious China – Xinjiang
- Chinese Interior by Robert van der Hilst is a collection of stunning photographs. I saw just three of his photos in an article and instantly thought of the Dutch Golden Age painters, such as Jan Steen and Johannes Vermeer which definitely influence his pictures. Check his other photo pages, too. At the end of the “World” series is an interview with the artist.